Taking pride from being the only tyre on the market to deserve the title “flat-less”, the Schwalbe Marathon Plus Road Tyre – Smart Guard boasts a bespoke patented 5mm thick puncture protection belt. This belt is made from a highly elastic special rubber and resists thumbtacks, glass, and other sharp-edged debris. Its advanced design offers a lighter roll for a comfortable, smooth, and safe ride, meaning Racing and club cyclists, commuters, touring cyclists, and E-Bike riders can all enjoy the benefits of increased puncture protection.
Go the Distance with Schwalbe Marathon Plus
Made from a revised Endurance Compound, this tyre has a durable shelf life and will perform consistently for thousands of kilometres. Schwalbe’s Marathon Plus tyre contains their unique anti-aging technology to reinforce the sidewall, thus eradicating the nasty cracked sidewall formation.
Puncture Protection Belt
Owing to Schwalbe’s puncture protection belt, the Schwalbe Marathon Plus does weigh in slightly heavier than tyres without such impressive puncture resistance. This minute weight-penalty is a price worth paying as empirical lab results have shown how this tyre rolls as smoothly and lightly as other tyres of comparable thickness on the market, despite their lack of puncture protection belts.
Key Features and Technologies:
- Reflective sidewall for visibility
- Level 6 SmartGuard: Most effective protection belt available for bicycle tyres. A substantial, 5mm thick layer of flexible, special Indian rubber offers durable protection. Works also for objects that lodge in the tread. Even a thumbtack won’t harm it.
- E-bike ready: Special tyres are necessary for fast E-bikes. The best solution is tyres with ECE-R75 certification, valid throughout Europe. All of Schwalbe’s Energizer tyres bear the mark and are valid on vehicles up to 50 km/h.
- Performance Line: Excellent quality for intensive use. They are the very best value for money tyres.
- Anti-Aging Sidewall: It now lasts much longer before developing unsightly cracks when subjected to use with too low air pressure.